North Shore-LIJ offers an extraordinary Health and Welfare Benefits package to make sure your health, and the health of your dependents, is covered. These benefits are provided through several carriers, so you can decide which benefits are right for you and your family. We offer the following to eligible employees:
- Medical coverage: Two options through UnitedHealthcare with a prescription drug plan
- Dental coverage: Two options through Cigna
- Vision coverage: Plan offered through Davis Vision
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Disability and Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Plan coupled with NYS Disability
- Term Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Accident Insurance: To protect you from costly bills associated with accidents, on or off the job
- Cancer Insurance: To provide added financial protection and help cover preventative cancer screenings and treatments
- Select Life Insurance: To provide permanent insurance protection
- Pre-Paid Legal Services: To give you access to legal counsel at affordable rates
- Pet Insurance: Provide coverage for accidents and illness, medications, surgeries and hospitalization, diagnostics and more.
North Shore-LIJ offers a two-part Retirement Program to help you save for retirement:
Cash Balance Plan
Our Cash Balance Plan is similar to a pension and is entirely funded by the health system. After completing one year of service, eligible employees automatically receive 3 percent of their salary in the plan. The plan provides a monthly or lump sum benefit at termination or retirement based on earnings and years of service with the health system. Employees are vested in the plan after completing three years of service.
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Our 403(b) savings plan lets employees save pre-tax, and provides generous contributions from the health system. All employees can save a percentage of their earnings before taxes are taken out, beginning on their first day of employment. After completing one year of service, eligible employees will receive 3 percent of their salary in the plan, from the health system. An additional 2 percent will be given to those who contribute 6 percent or more of their salary to their account. Our 403(b) plan features a variety of investment options, including a full range of mutual funds and targeted retirement funds. Employees can easily sign-up and manage their accounts online or by phone.