In North Shore-LIJ’s Critical Care Nursing Department, we believe that the more complex the disease, the more innovative the approach needs to be. Our Critical Care nurses must have the highest degree of competence, professionalism and creativity. When you become an integral part of this fast-paced patient care area, you will enjoy distinct professional advantages, such as:
- A choice of locations, and of the subspecialties found within the Critical Care continuum: ICU, CCU, MICU, SICU, CTICU and NSICU
- The opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies
- Exceptional nurse-to-patient ratios
- Daily opportunities to challenge your knowledge and clinical skills
- Full support from a true nursing team
Various educational programs and resources to build awareness and capability, such as those at our Center for Learning & Innovation and Patient Safety Institute
You will also have access to our Critical Care Nursing Fellowship Program: a one-of-a-kind learning experience that will facilitate your ability to provide care to our patients, and enable your career in critical care nursing to grow.
Whether you are an experienced nurse considering a career move into this fast-paced arena or a new graduate, you can build a great future here.