Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
*Per diem Opportunities*
As an Occupational / Physical Therapist you will evaluate and treat patients with disabilities, injuries, and/or diseases using physical, chemical and mechanical means in accordance with the written and signed prescription and/or referral of a state licensed physician or other State authorized practitioner. Maintains complete medical records for each patient.
1. Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State authorized practitioner.
3. Designs a treatment program to achieve established goals.
4. Makes accurate observations of patient tolerance and/or status during treatment and demonstrates the ability to modify a treatment program as needed.
5. Responds appropriately to established department emergency procedures for patient safety and care, when necessary.
7. Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities.
8. Attends family meetings/conferences and interacts with members of the inter-disciplinary staff pertaining to the welfare and management of assigned patients.
3. Develops and implements treatment plans to improve gross and fine motor coordination, movement and function of upper extremities.
4. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team staff involved with patients' care to enhance the integration of services to maximize the patient's potential for recovery/improvement.
5. Treats patients with acute or developmental disabilities using methods including but not limited to: kinetic activities, perceptual training and developmental sequencing.
6. Instruct patient and significant caregivers in daily living skills including, but not limited to: tub transfers, dressing activities, feeding and household activities in order to promote a more independent and self-sufficient level of functioning.
8. Reviews and arranges for required Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and instructs patient in use and protocols for dealing with malfunction of same. Makes appropriate recommendations for follow-up care upon discharge.
· Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy, required. Master's Degree, preferred.
· Must be currently licensed as Occupational Therapist in New York State.
Must have a valid permit and become licensed and registered within one (1) year of employment.
· Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy, required. Master's/Doctorate Degree, preferred.
· Must be currently licensed as a Physical Therapist in New York State.
Must have a valid permit and become licensed and registered within one (1) year of
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.