Administrative Director, Imaging Services
Requisition ID: LIJ00079J|
Long Island Jewish Medical Center -- New Hyde Park
As the Administrative Director, Imaging Services you will manage, plan, organize, and oversee the development and operations of imaging services for a tertiary hospital. Monitors and evaluates staff activities to ensure continual, efficient and compliant operations. Supports Quality and Service Excellence initiatives. Serves as liaison supporting Imaging Service Line.
1. Manages day-to-day operations;
- Collaborates with Senior Administrative Director regarding activities related to growth objectives, space allocation, procurement of capital equipment, PACS data planning, developing goals and objectives, capital requirements and desired program outcomes.
- Guides staff in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating imaging services evidenced through positive patient outcomes and proper documentation.
- Participates in developing and meeting quality care goals and objectives based on patient outcomes.
- Serves as a liaison with Administration in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating operations;
- Monitors program components relative to criteria by regulatory agencies.
2. Oversees management of staff;
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely basis.
- Oversees scheduling (vacation, holidays) and ensures adequate coverage at all times, as needed.
- Ensures staff members understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Supports continued growth of staff and offers opportunities for advancement.
3. Manages operations in a fiscally responsible manner;
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets - operational, personnel and capital.
- Assists in the development and presentation of annual departmental budgets including expense analyses.
- Monitors budgetary variances and communicates to Administration.
4. Evaluates imaging operations;
- Assists in developing and maintaining objectives, policies and procedures to ensure efficient operations;
- Strives to streamline operations and effectively apply new concepts and techniques for positive outcomes. Identifies and implements technology to improve operations.
- Assigns work and sees that it is carried out correctly and efficiently;
- Maintains accurate and current files on all department budgets, capital equipment request and programs related to operational issues.
5. Coordinates and oversees resource utilization across multiple imaging modalities;
- Demonstrates the ability to work with administrative leadership, chairs, physicians and other clinical personnel to develop, implement and oversee programs.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with physician staff with respect to their compliance and performance related to data tracking, billing, coding and regulatory agency standards for imaging.
6. Ensures continual efficient and compliant operational performance;
- Ensures compliance with all JCAHO, CAP, NYS DOH, Public Health Law, Institutional and Departmental rules and regulations and makes certain these are properly and completely addressed in Policy and Procedure Manual;
- Ensures reviews of all changes in various regulatory agency standards and/or public health law and that these are represented in the Policy and Procedure Manuals (after appropriate review with clinical and/or administrative personnel).
- Ensures department/division staff adheres to system Corporate Compliance Program, HIPAA regulations and all other regulatory standards.
7. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
- Bachelors Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or imaging related field, required. Masters Degree, preferred.
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered Technologist (RT), required.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in imaging technology including three (3) years administrative leadership experience, required.
- Knowledge of the healthcare marketplace, regulatory agency standards, picture archiving and communication systems (PACS), budgets and operational analysis, required.
Job: Executive Management
Primary Location: Long Island Jewish Medical Center -- New Hyde Park
Organization: LIJ Medical Center
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job