Project Manager - Allscripts Care Management
Requisition ID: NSH0002G5|
Corporate Services -- Lake Success
The Project Manager plans, manages and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives of a mid-sized project, or multiple phases of a large project are accomplished within the specified time-frame and funding parameters. In this role, you will establish timelines and ensure project deadlines are met for Allscripts Care Management which is an inpatient case management system that includes patient assessments, discharge planning, utilization management, transition of care and denials/appeals.
- Reviews project plan to determine time-frame, funding limitations, procedures, staffing requirements and allotment of resources to various phases of the project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each project phase and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project staff.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Manages activities of project staff to ensure project progress is on schedule and within budget.
- Reviews status reports and modifies schedules and/or plans as required.
- Prepares and presents project reports for management, clients or others.
- Confers with project staff to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with organizations or agencies outside the health system.
- Tracks actual performance against planned project performance, analyzes variances, and work with project team to ensure all customer needs are met while maintaining control of the project.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of project planning and management, information technology or related field as normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years related technical experience including three (3) years of project management experience, required.
- Program Management Institute (PMI) Certification, preferred.
- Experience in assigned technical area (i.e. Finance, Healthcare, Facilities, Infrastructure, etc), and in a similarly sized IT organization, required. Healthcare environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the 9 Project Management Institute (PMI) knowledge areas, required.
- Analytical and organization skills and ability to develop and implement multiple small to medium project plans, required.
- Project management, communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning and implementation skills, required.
- Experience with MS Project or NIKU Workbench project planning tools, required. Experience with CA Clarity or related PPM tool, preferred
- Must have implementation experience with Allscripts Care Management, Allscripts ECIN, Allscripts Canopy or other case management software.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
Job: Technical Support
Primary Location: Corporate Services -- Lake Success
Organization: NSHS Parent and Shared Service
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM