Project Manager - Meaningful Use
Requisition ID: NSH00023Q|
Corporate Services -- Lake Success
As a Project Manager, Meaningful Use (MU) you will plan, manage and coordinate the enterprise Meaningful Use (MU) initiative as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). You will collaborate with the MU program and clinical information systems leadership to support implementation of MU requirements into ongoing clinical system deployment efforts. In this role, you will establish timelines and ensure project deadlines are met. You will maintain integrity and ensures goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time-frame.
1. Develops extensive and up to date knowledge of MU regulations and clinical system applications.
· Acts as the subject matter expert and serves as the central point of contact and coordination of MU activities.
· Communicates MU knowledge with key stakeholders.
2. Assists leadership in developing a MU strategy and tactical plan.
3. Engages and liaises with site leadership to enable MU workflow adoption, reporting and achievement of MU measures, within established timelines.
· Collaborates with clinical operations, nursing and quality management to achieve operational goals necessary for meaningful use compliance.
4. Develops and provides key status reporting and continued evolution of MU Stage requirements to leadership.
5. Collaborates with clinical information systems to ensure current and future stages of MU are built appropriately into the system for end user utilization.
· Ensures end-users are educated and trained on which areas are required for MU.
6. Coordinates data reporting and performs analysis to support performance improvement and department compliance.
· Maintains data integrity.
· Ensures reports are built appropriately to capture required data for attestation.
7. Assists MU program leadership in reviewing and modifying policies and procedures necessary to achieve MU.
8. Participates as a member of NSLIJ "Meaningful Use" workgroup, as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Health Services or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management, system implementation or clinical operations experience in a healthcare setting, required. Previous experience with compliance, rules and regulatory requirements, desired.
- Stays up-to-date on current and future stages of Meaningful Use.
- Current knowledge of clinical practices and related information systems and computer application, required.
- Ability to work well with and communicate with all levels of management and physicians.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
Primary Location: Corporate Services -- Lake Success
Organization: NSHS Parent and Shared Service
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM